Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

The One Thing Every MBA Applicant Must Do...

You've probably seen the other web sites purporting to help you with the MBA application process. One typical example offers "tips" on how to write good essays. They have 12 tips. Tip #9 is "Conclusions are critical." Tip #12 is "Revise, revise, revise." Tip #3 is "Be yourself."

How many of you out there are finding this sort of thing useful? How many of these supposedly helpful web sites have you read? Are you still confused? Are you skeptical of the self-declared web gurus of MBA admissions-- some of whom don't seem to have any educational or admissions credentials themselves? Are you extremely hesitant to send them any money? (I would be!)

Have you already plunked down some hard-earned cash on a 400-page 'How to get in Business School' book, but still feel completely frustrated and mystified? Are you overwhelmed by the whole application process and don't know where to turn?

Do you want to know the ONE proven strategy to get into business school? Would you like to know how to make even the most jaded admissions officers stand up on their chairs and say, "Hell Yes! I want this applicant in my program!"

It is possible.

How do I know? Because I am one of those admissions officers. I've been evaluating (and mostly rejecting) applicants for one of the top-rated* MBA programs in the country since 1989. Occasionally, I'd also help a friend or colleague with their apps. It worked, of course. They were admitted to Harvard, Tuck, LSE, and other top schools.

This past year, I finally decided to hang up my interviewing spurs, stop spending my time passing judgment on other people, and start helping them instead. Call it karma. So I got smart and made my services available to a wider audience. I worked with a small group of proteges. Over 80% were admitted to top programs. (Yes, I'll admit a few didn't get in. But, they only applied to one or two schools, against my recommendation.) The admissions committees at two top programs were so impressed with my proteges, that they offered them 50% unsolicited scholarships. That's what happens when you do the ONE thing I coach my proteges to do.

But you don't need to hear this from me. Check out some of my clients' comments and testimonials to see how our work together got them the results they wanted. I would love to do the same for you, so send me an email and we'll set up a complimentary initial evaluation.

You should also pick up a copy of my eBook, Admit or Deny? What One Thing Every MBA Applicant Must Do to Get Even the Most Jaded Admissions Officer to Stand up on Their Chair and Say, "I simply MUST have this applicant in my program!"

--------------

*Well, really the top-rated program in the world, depending on which rating you believe. I'll give you a hint: we're the one with all the Nobel prizes in Econ and Finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment